Chicken Tikka Recipe
Chicken Tikka is one of the most popular chicken starters from Indian Cuisine.The word tikka means bits, pieces or chunks in India. Chicken tikka is an easy-to-cook dish in which chicken chunks are marinated in special spices and then grilled on skewers.It is also popular accross the word.It is cubed chicken that is marinated in spiced yougurt mixture and then grilled to perfertion.
Ingredients for chicken tikka
- 1 kg chicken boneless and cubed
- 200 gm fresh coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoon ginger paste
- 3 tablespoon garlic paste
- 3 to 4 tablespoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon orange food coloring
- 1 cup fresh unsweetened yogurt (should not be sour)
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1 large onion (cut into very thin rings)
- 3 tablespoon lime juice (or lemon juice, freshly squeezed)
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala (available at most Indian groceries)
Recipe to make at home
- Gather all the ingredients
- Grind all the ingredients into a smooth paste
- Pour the above mixture into a large bowl and add chicken chunks and mix well.cover the bowl and refrigerate.Allow to marinate overnight.
- Put the chicken onto skewers and keep ready.
- Roast the chicken until it becomes browned on all sides.
- Remove from skewers and put the chicken into a bowl and add some fresh cream and mixed it well to make it soft and tender.
- Serve into a plate and enjoy.